Accounting Manager - Scarborough, Ontario
Our client is a leading manufacturer of manual and motorized shading and visor systems for Coaches, Buses, Limousines, Transit Vehicles such as Street Cars and LRTs as well as for Trucks, Rail Cars, Locomotives and Agricultural and Construction Equipment. The company has been established for over 30 years and well positioned in the industry for continued growth. As the senior management team maintains its focus on short-term and long-term solutions to increase its market share, they have plans in place to broaden their services to the European market. With its in-house R & D capabilities, they offer customized systems for the most demanding applications in solar protection and as such, continually developing new product solutions for its various industries.
Our client is looking for an Accounting Manager who portrays leadership qualities and bring an entrepreneurial spirit to the team. This role will oversee all functions of the accounting department and working closely with the executives and external auditors. As the business needs arise, the company expects the Accounting Manager to shift into a Controller position, making this opportunity even more attractive. The senior management team which includes 3 Directors and other head personnel are results driven, team oriented, strive to create a learning culture that is fun and exciting. The company is forward thinking and is focused on long term projections with a goal of doubling their current revenue within 5 years.
We are looking for someone with high integrity and superior work ethic who enjoys the world of accounting, has an inquisitive mind, willing to accept failure and learn from mistakes, looking to grow with the business, challenges status-quo, able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, communicates financial information effectively with non-accounting teams, respectful of others’ point of view and self-motivated. A key element of the role is to critically assesses processes within the finance function and lead process improvement projects to gain efficiencies in the reporting cycle.
Why Our Client:
Compensation and benefits:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare timely and complete financial statements – monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Month-month costing reports, cashflow management, actual vs budget, variance analysis, and all month end duties
- Oversee 1 direct report and work accordingly to delegate duties on all day-to-day clerical work including AR/AP, invoicing, bank reconciliations, payroll, and government remittances
- Prepares corporate income tax returns as well as non-residents’ withholding tax reports
- In charge of the company’s insurance coverage such as liability insurance, recall insurance, A/R insurance, and transport insurance
- Develop, analyze, and interpret statistical and accounting information to review operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other fiscal soundness matters bearing on the operating effectiveness of the company
- Margin analysis on business segments and providing feedback on potential cost savings and margin improvements
- Liaises with external auditors, banks, lawyers, CRA, union, customers, and vendors
- Develop financial strategy including risk minimization plans
- Define key performance indicator benchmarks for all areas of the company and devises institutional learning and control templates on process reviews
- Establish innovative ideas for processes improvement to enhance workflow efficiency and maintain and strengthen internal accounting policies and controls
- Oversee and manage the professional development and productivity of staff members to ensure proper goals, training, professional development, and project requirements are met
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: