Corporate Accountant – Mississauga, Ontario
Our client, a public accounting firm located in Mississauga, is currently looking to add a Corporate Accountant at the Intermediate Level. This role will provide Corporate Accounting and Controllership services to various small-medium sized companies. They are looking for someone who has worked in industry as a Corporate Accountant (3+ years) but looking for a change. Candidate will be responsible for corporate accounting work, project management, ERP systems but would work in our firm providing those services to multiple clients.
Our client is a Canadian professional services firm providing assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services to private enterprises, public companies, high net worth individuals and non-profit organizations. However, this position will not be part of the regular Enterprise Practice that provides taxation, assurance, etc. Our client is quickly growing and has long-term development and growth opportunities. We offer various benefits plans, a flexible work environment and open management team. The culture is described as transparent, progressive, fun, and exciting. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the best leaders in the field as it will present great exposure to challenging work, great learning experience, and a chance to really develop as an accounting professional.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work in coordination with the Advisory Partner and Advisory team, to provide Corporate Accounting services to clients, including:
- Full cycle accounting, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable
- Developing and preparing various financial reports, including budget reports and budget variance analysis;
- Forecasting financial performance;
- Weekly cash flow management;
- Reviewing and reconciling month end journals, remittances and filings;
- Analyzing costing models with the objective of ensuring standard costs accurately reflect cost of production;
- Detailed job costing reports;
- Preparation, analysis and recommendations for operational improvements by incorporating KPI’s;
- Developing, implementing, and ensuring compliance with internal controls and policies;
- Identifying opportunities to improve/expand operations to enable better business decisions;
- Implementing ERP systems;
- Assisting in client/partner meetings or conducting short meetings independently, as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Other Skills/ Qualifications
- Experience in manufacturing industry preferred, with knowledge of lean manufacturing, Kaiser process systems.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma an asset.
- Experience using Simply Accounting, QuickBooks.
- Experience using Caseware and Profile preferred.
- Previous experience with ERP system required.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Proven track record in strong project management and organizational skills, including experience using project management software.
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships.