Manager Roles - Vancouver, BC
Our client, a small CPA firm in downtown Vancouver has a brand new opening for a Manager role. The firm is in the market to hire a CPA portraying exemplary leadership qualities ready to make a real difference. It is an 8-year young firm that has grown consistently year-in year-out, with clientele portfolio diversifying in small and mid-size businesses. It is led by 2 AWESOME female partners specializing in audit, assurance, tax, business advisory, and financial planning. Essentially, the role will focus on Assurance services, however, the partners are flexible with the role taking on several directions. The firm is structured to grow, and as such, the CPA will assist in strategizing the planning and execution that will assist with expansion. They are looking for a Manager with hands-on approach who will lead by example and overlook all staff by initiating individual development, upholding firm values, and monitoring engagements and deadlines. Key components of this role will be to establish the accounting and tax approach to the engagements, making effective use of team members' skills, and managing the assignment within time and budgetary requirements.
The culture is portrayed as progressive and the partners strive to focus on work-life balance. It is a close knit group that feeds off positive energy, provide appropriate training and development, and they try not to overwhelm their staff during busy season. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to be more involved with clients and bring more value to a growing firm. They are in the process of expanding, which is why they would like to add on a Manager. Appropriate on-the-job training will be provided as you settle in the firm.
Professional members in this position have at least 4-5 years of experience in a small to mid-size public accounting setting. Senior Accountants ready to take the next challenge in their career in becoming a Manager will be highly considered. Potential candidates must have a thorough understanding of ASPE guidelines and taxation to be able to carry out and manage field work in the more complex areas of the audit. This is a chance to establish yourself as a Manager and hone leadership skills that will serve to advance your career.
A Taste of what our client offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package
- Work-life balance
- Fantastic career growth opportunity
- Progressive work environment
- Diversity and inclusion
The successful candidate will be providing efficient and effective accounting, auditing, and tax services.
- Effectively manage review engagements and deliver complete product to Partners on a timely basis.
- Preparing and/or reviewing complete financial statements, notice to reader working paper files and related notes, internal and external audits and audit representations, tax returns and reports for delivery to the client
- Assist in audit engagements (Audit exposure will be limited to 2 per year)
- Ability to manage a team of 2-4 staff depending on the size of the engagements
- Identify and resolve complex and routine accounting, audit and tax issues
- Completion of all planning documents, and the scheduling and leadership of the planning meeting
- Market the firm to support overall firm growth and business development
- Set and work within approved budgets and deadlines
- Reviewing work of the team to ensure that all work is completed and documented in accordance with prescribed standards
- Demonstrating strong technical knowledge and having the ability to research issues and present alternatives and conclusions
- Directly work with potential and existing clients and be primary point of contact
- Developing strong relationships with clients to facilitate the completion of client work
- Responsible for client portfolio management including being the main point of contact for clients, following up on documents and questions and ensuring due dates are met
- Understand the client’s industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments
- Analyze corporate and personal tax assessments
- Handling multiple engagements effectively and provide recommendations on changes when needed
- Guide, mentor and train new and existing team members towards their technical and career development objectives
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel,Outlook)
- CPA, CA designated
- 4-5 years of public accounting experience in small or mid-size firm