Senior Accountant Roles - Mississauga, Ontario
Our client, a small to mid-size CPA firm is looking for aspiring candidates to fill a Senior Accountant position. It is a 3-partner firm with 20 technical staff members specializing in audit, assurance, tax, business advisory, and financial planning. They have a diverse portfolio working with various clients in different industries including Real Estate & Construction, Retail, Automotive & Transportation, Technology, Healthcare, and Fast-Food Restaurants to name a few. Their private sector clientele ranges in small and mid-size businesses.
Professional staff members in this position have 3-4 years of experience in a public accounting setting. This position is responsible for audit and assurance engagements including tax, and may at times be involved in two or more assignments simultaneously. Professional staff members must have a thorough understanding of ASPE guidelines to be able to carry outfield work in the more complex areas of the audit. The culture is described as a progressive environment that is transparent, fun, and exciting. They offer various benefits plans, a flexible work environment, and open management team. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the best leaders in the field as it will present great exposure to challenging work, great learning experience, and a chance to really develop as an accounting professional.
To ensure the safety of everyone, the firm is prioritizing remote work access but options are provided to those looking to come in to work location. Our client is an experienced firm that caters to their staffs' needs, promotes work-life balance, and offers great working environment. The partners lead by example and offer a culture full of learning and growth.
A Taste of what our client offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package
- Work-life balance
- CPA tuition assistance
- Fantastic career growth opportunity
- Progressive work environment
- Diversity and inclusion
The successful candidate will be providing efficient and effective accounting, auditing, and tax services.
- Effectively manage audit, review engagements, and deliver complete product to the Partner on a timely basis
- Involvement in planning engagement objectives and determine audit strategies
- Preparation of financial statements and notes
- Preparation of corporate income tax returns including proposing solutions to corporate tax issues
- Ability to manage a team of 3-5 staff depending on the size of the engagements
- Identify and resolve complex and routine accounting, audit and tax issues
- Completion of all planning documents, and the scheduling and leadership of the planning meeting
- Market the firm to support overall firm growth and business development
- Set and work within approved budgets and deadlines
- Establishing the accounting and tax approach to the engagement, making effective use of team members' skills and managing the assignment within time and budgetary requirements
- Directly work with potential and existing clients and be primary point of contact
- Understand the client’s industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments
- Handling multiple engagements effectively and provide recommendations on changes when needed
- Monitoring the progress of the team members towards completion of work and adjusting the work plan when necessary
- Continuously communicating with the Partner in respect to engagement progress – risks, issues, variances from plan in terms of time and budget
- Guide, mentor and train new and existing team members towards their technical and career development objectives
- Assuming a coaching performance management role
- Proficiency in MS OFfice (Excel,Outlook)
- CPA, CA designated
- 3-5 years of public accounting experience in small or mid-size firm