Financial Controller - Bolton, Ontario
Our client, a company in aggregate and mining industry, is quickly expanding and showing positive signs of continued growth with a strong balance sheet. They have been established for over 50 years with more recent exposure in investments and industrial property development. The Controller will report to the VP of Finance and will be responsible for but not limited to complex financial reporting and tax strategies for all companies in the group, development in the new areas of business, implementation of controls and process improvements, financial and analytical support to other operational areas, and effectively delivering leadership.
As the organization maintains the path of accelerated growth, they are looking to add a Controller who will be relied on to provide expert advice and institutionalize policies towards cost savings, profit generation, and efficiency. The Controller will be responsible for managing an Accounts Payable Supervisor, Credit Manager, and the Assistant Controller. All candidates must have 3-5 years of experience at similar level and CPA designated.
We are looking for someone with high integrity and superior work ethic who has a passion for accounting and analytical analysis, has an inquisitive mind, willing to accept failure and learn from mistakes, looking to grow with the business, challenges status-quo, able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, communicates financial information effectively with non-accounting teams, respectful of others’ point of view and self-motivated. A key element of the role is to critically assess processes within the finance function and lead process improvement projects to gain efficiencies in the reporting cycle.
Why Our Client:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience handling complex financial reporting and develop tax strategies
- Develop, analyze, and interpret statistical and accounting information to review operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other fiscal soundness matters bearing on the operating effectiveness of the company
- Establish innovative ideas for processes improvement to enhance workflow efficiency and maintain and strengthen internal accounting policies and controls
- Coordinates and directs preparation of the annual and multi-year budgets, financial forecasts, completion of external audits, and institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures
- Margin analysis on business segments and providing feedback on potential cost savings and margin improvements
- Prepare and report weekly cash projections to make sure company meets all treasury commitments and maximize asset investment yields according to policy
- Design effective controls for efficiency for the organization as a whole
- Develop financial strategy including risk minimization plans
- Define key performance indicator benchmarks for all areas of the company and devises institutional learning and control templates on process reviews
- Oversee and manage the professional development and productivity of staff members to ensure proper goals, training, professional development, and project requirements are met
Special Projects (All Operational Areas) Including:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: