VP of Finance - Brampton, Ontario
Our client, a reputable mid-size company, specializing in the trucking and transportation industry is in search of a VP of Finance. They are looking for a hands-on CPA with proven industry experience, skills, and leadership qualities. This role will oversee all functions of the accounting department while managing a team of 6 staff and working closely with the executives and external auditors.
The company’s primary line of business is truckload service within Ontario, Quebec, and the U.S., outdoor trailer storage, indoor short-term and long-term warehousing, and logistics services to move freight by any mode to any destination in Canada and the United States. They currently own over 150 trucks and 400 trailers. They have been established since 2006 and have grown rapidly over the years consistently meeting their annual sales targets. In 2021, they generated revenue of $47 million and projecting to hit $54 million by end of 2022. To ensure consistent growth, they have enhanced the business by adding a Truck Sales division and a Truck Repair Shop to their line of services. As the organization maintains the path of accelerated growth, they are looking to add a VP of Finance who will be relied on to provide expert advice, enhance the quality of complex financial reporting, and implement strategies for continued expansion.
We are looking for someone with high integrity and superior work ethic who enjoys the world of accounting, has an inquisitive mind, willing to accept failure and learn from mistakes, looking to grow with the business, challenges status-quo, able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, communicates financial information effectively with non-accounting teams and stakeholders, respectful of others’ point of view, and self-motivated. A key element of the role is to critically assesses processes within the finance function and lead process improvement projects to gain efficiencies in the reporting cycle.
Why Our Client:
Compensation and benefits:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience handling complex financial reporting and develop tax strategies
- Develop, analyze, and interpret statistical and accounting information to review operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other fiscal soundness matters bearing on the operating effectiveness of the company
- Establish innovative ideas for processes improvement to enhance workflow efficiency and maintain and strengthen internal accounting policies and controls
- Coordinates and directs preparation of the annual and multi-year budgets, financial forecasts, completion of external audits, and institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures
- Margin analysis on business segments and providing feedback on potential cost savings and margin improvements
- Prepare and report weekly cash projections to make sure company meets all treasury commitments and maximize asset investment yields according to policy
- Design effective controls for efficiency for the organization as a whole
- Develop financial strategy including risk minimization plans and investment strategies
- Define key performance indicator benchmarks for all areas of the company and devises institutional learning and control templates on process reviews
- Oversee and manage the professional development and productivity of staff members to ensure proper goals, training, professional development, and project requirements are met
Special Projects (All Operational Areas) Including:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: