Intermediate Staff Accountant – Burlington, Ontario
Our client, a public accounting firm in Burlington, is looking to add an Intermediate Staff Accountant to their team of professionals. It's a established firm with excellent personnel and great working environment. They have a diverse portfolio of small to medium sized clients in various sectors.
They are looking to bring in an experienced and proven professional who can add value with their leadership skills and guidance. If you are an individual who is looking to take the next step in your career, this is the opportunity for you.
Our client offers many services such as Accounting and Assurance, Taxation Planning and Compliance, Financial Planning, and Business Advisory Services. A candidate with ability to add personal touch to the firm's clients, preparing various proposals based on needs, proven leadership skills to highly motivate the team, and ability to market the firm's overall growth is required. They have been growing immensely over the past few years and will continue to do so. Our client is offering excellent compensation, added financial incentives, great benefits, challenging work, and added training to continue professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively process and conduct review engagements, tax engagements,compilations, and deliver complete product to the Manager and Partner on a timely basis
- Prepare financial statements including all the required notes and year end letters (i.e. enclosure letter, legal information letter and engagement letter)
- Identify and resolve complex and routine accounting and tax issues
- Experience with tax (T1, T2), and other tax engagements
- Directly work with potential and existing clients in providing superior service with reviews and compilations
- Ensure that all planned procedures have been completed in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Understand the client’s industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments
- Handling multiple engagements effectively and provide recommendations on changes when needed
- Promptly review any significant assurance engagement findings or questions involving accounting principles or statement presentation with the Manager or Partner and make suggestions as to their resolution
- Proficiency in Excel
- CPA, CA designated or close to completion