Manager (Audit and Assurance) – Vaughan, Ontario
We are working with a well-established mid-size CA in Vaughan. They are looking to for experienced candidates to fill a Manager (Audit and Assurance) position as soon as possible. They specialize in audit, tax, business advisory, risk management, forensic accounting, and financial planning. They have a large portfolio working with various clients in different industries including Real Estate & Construction, Entertainment & Media, Technology, Transportation, Healthcare, and Manufacturing to name a few. They also provide work for Energy and Resources and Financial industries. They have a very diverse portfolio of clients in public sector and private sector, and range in small, medium, and large size. Our client is a mid-size firm with various locations across Canada and considered to be top 4 firms nationally.
Professional staff members in this position have at least 2-3 years of experience in a public accounting firm or in external audit. This position is responsible for audit and assurance work and may at times be involved in two or more assignments simultaneously. Professional staff members must have a thorough understanding of ASPE guidelines and Canadian taxation to be able to carry out and manage field work in the more complex areas of the audit.
If you are an individual who is looking to take the next step in your career, this is the opportunity for you. This is a great opportunity to learn, gain more complex exposure to public practice, and advance in your career path. Our client is an experienced firm that caters to their staff’s needs, promotes work-life balance, and offers great working environment. It is a pre-approved training office, and as such work will provide high standard of experience.
- Effectively manage audit, review and compilation engagements, and deliver complete product to the Partner on a timely basis.
- Identify and resolve complex and routine accounting, audit and tax issues
- Completion of all planning documents, and the scheduling and leadership of the planning meeting
- Directly work with potential and existing clients in providing superior service with audit reviews and compilations
- Set and work within approved budgets and deadlines
- Market the firm to support overall firm growth and business development
- Understand the client’s industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments
- Analyze corporate and personal tax assessments
- Make recommendations to partners regarding tax planning and assurance
- Analyze, review and finalize the audit files
- Handling multiple engagements effectively and provide recommendations on changes when needed
- Guide, mentor and train new and existing team members towards their technical and career development objectives
- Obtain/maintain a strong understanding of clients' business and respond promptly to and be proactive to anticipate client needs
- Train, manage and evaluate staff and delegate work to them according to need
- CPA, CA designated
- 1-3 years of Accounting Supervisory/Manager experience in a public accounting firm
- Experience working with mid-market entrepreneurial clients is preferred
- Solid knowledge of accounting software including Caseware/Caseview; Tax Prep, MS Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships
- Organizational skills for prioritizing demands, work flow and meeting deadlines
- Must have a strong commitment to quality