Manager - Brampton, Ontario
Our client, an established CPA firm in Brampton is looking for aspiring candidates to fill a Manager (Audit and Assurance) position. Senior Accountants looking to step up to a Manager role will be highly considered for this position. It is a 2-partner firm with 1 Senior Manager, 2 Managers, and 6 technical staff members specializing in audit, assurance, tax, business advisory, and financial planning. They have a large diverse portfolio working with various clients in different industries including Real Estate & Construction, Retail, Automotive & Transportation, Technology, Healthcare, and Fast-Food Restaurants to name a few. Their private sector clientele ranges in small and mid-size businesses. The firm is also strategizing to bring on larger publicly traded companies to add to their portfolio as they are registered Canadian Public Accountability Board. They may be considered small, but they conduct mid-size firm work as they are the largest small firm in the region.
Professional members in this position have at least 3-5 years of experience in a public accounting firm or in external audit. This position is responsible for audit and assurance work and may at times be involved in two or more assignments simultaneously. Potential candidates must have a thorough understanding of ASPE guidelines and taxation to be able to carry out and manage field work in the more complex areas of the audit.
If you are an individual who is looking to take the next step in your career, this is the opportunity for you. This is a chance to establish yourself as a Manager and hone leadership skills that will serve to advance your career. Our client is an experienced firm that caters to their staffs' needs, promotes work-life balance, and offers great working environment. The partners lead by example and offer a culture full of learning and growth.
A Taste of what our client offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package
- Work-life balance
- Fantastic career growth opportunity
- Progressive work environment
- Diversity and inclusion
The successful candidate will be providing efficient and effective accounting, auditing, and tax services.
- Effectively manage audit, review engagements, and deliver complete product to the Partner on a timely basis
- Ability to manage a team of 3-5 staff depending on the size of the engagements
- Identify and resolve complex and routine accounting, audit and tax issues
- Completion of all planning documents, and the scheduling and leadership of the planning meeting
- Market the firm to support overall firm growth and business development
- Set and work within approved budgets and deadlines
- Directly work with potential and existing clients and be primary point of contact
- Understand the client’s industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments
- Analyze corporate and personal tax assessments
- Handling multiple engagements effectively and provide recommendations on changes when needed
- Guide, mentor and train new and existing team members towards their technical and career development objectives
- Proficiency in MS OFfice (Excel,Outlook)
- CPA, CA designated
- 3-5 years of public accounting experience in small or mid-size firm