Senior Accountant – Downtown Toronto
Our client, a mid-size to large, leading, independent audit, tax and advisory firm is currently in search of exceptional candidates to fill a Senior Accountant position focusing on audit and assurance services. It’s a established CA firm that originated out of Vancouver and, in recent years, expanded their services in Ontario. It’s a 20-partner firm with over 160 professional staff, offering a full spectrum of business services to the private and public market. They specialize in audit and accounting, tax, business valuations, litigation support, corporate finance, transfer pricing, information technology, insolvency and restructuring, while serving domestic and foreign corporate groups, professionals and not-for-profit organizations across a wide range of industries.
Their clientele portfolio extends to more than 30,000 professionals in over 140 countries. This is a wonderful opportunity that caters to the needs of accountants looking for career growth and professional development. Our client values each member of the firm and is considerate of their staffs needs. Professional staff members in this position will have 3-4 years of experience with IFRS and ASPE experience focusing on audit and assurance services. They are looking for individuals who bring exquisite leadership style that will provide necessary training and development to junior team members, delegating duties, and leading audit and field work. The firm offers a progressive environment that is transparent, fun, and exciting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and lead completion of the overall audit process and identifying risks and controls, scoping, development and application of appropriate audit programs, on- going client communications, reporting, and post-audit procedures
- Prepare financial statements including all the required notes and year end letters (i.e. enclosure letter, legal information letter and engagement letter)
- Prepare time budget for review and audit engagements for subsequent approval by the Manager and/or the Partner
- Conduct research as required to identify benchmarks and/or industry best practices for assessing risks across the business
- Offer sound financial advice to clients
- Ensure that all planned procedures have been completed in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Train and supervise junior staff on audit engagements
- Establish excellent working relationships with clients
- Promptly review any significant assurance engagement findings or questions involving accounting principles or statement presentation with the Manager or Partner and make suggestions as to their resolution
- Proficiency in Excel
- CPA, CA designated or close to completion