Senior Accountant - Oakville, Ontario
Our client, a well established public accounting firm in Oakville, Ontario is looking for dynamic, outgoing, experienced accounting professionals to fill a Senior Accountant (audit and assurance) position. Our client specializes in audit and assurance, taxation, business and advisory services. They have a large portfolio working with various clients in different industries including Real Estate, Entertainment & Media, Manufacturing, Technology, Automotive, and Healthcare to name a few.
Professional staff members in this position have at least 3-4 years of experience in a public accounting setting. This position is responsible for audit, various engagements, and may at times be involved in two or more assignments simultaneously. Professional staff members must have a thorough understanding of ASPE guidelines to be able to carry out and supervise field work in the more complex areas of the audit. The culture is described as a progressive environment that is transparent, fun, and exciting. They offer various benefits plans, a flexible work environment and open management team. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the best leaders in the field as it will present great exposure to challenging work, great learning experience, and a chance to really develop as an accounting professional.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, plan and work with a team of audit to execute and ensure audits are completed in accordance with established standards
- Prepare time budget for review and audit engagements for subsequent approval by the Manager and/or the Partner
- Supervise the completion of the overall audit process and identifying risks and controls, scoping, development and application of appropriate audit programs, on-going client communications, reporting, and post-audit procedures
- Experience with tax engagements (TIs and T2s)
- Prepare financial statements including all the required notes and year end letters (i.e. enclosure letter, legal information letter and engagement letter)
- Conduct research as required to identify benchmarks and/or industry best practices for assessing risks across the business
- Offer sound financial solutions to clients
- Ensure that all planned procedures have been completed in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures, and ASPE.
- Train and supervise junior staff on audit engagements
- Promptly review any significant assurance engagement findings or questions involving accounting principles or statement presentation with the Manager or Partner and make suggestions as to their resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dedication and strong work ethic
- Proven leadership
- Positive team player
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of ASPE/IFRS guidelines
- Requires little supervision on routine tasks
- Able to prioritize multiple assignments simultaneously
- Excellent client service skills, with the desire and ability to understand the clients' businesses
- Comfortable making contact with clients; conscious of client relations and expectations
- CPA, CA designated or close to completion