Senior Accountant Roles - Vaughan, Ontario
Our client, a mid-size to large, leading independent audit, tax and advisory firm is currently in search of exceptional candidates to fill a Senior Accountant position focusing on audit and assurance services. The Vaughan branch is comprised of 9 partners with 45 professional staff, offering a full spectrum of business services to the private and public market. They specialize in audit and accounting, tax, business valuations, litigation support, corporate finance, transfer pricing, information technology, insolvency and restructuring, while serving domestic and foreign corporate groups, professionals and not-for-profit organizations across a wide range of industries.
Their clientele portfolio extends to more than 30,000 professionals in over 140 countries. This is a wonderful opportunity that caters to the needs of accountants looking for career growth and professional development. Our client values each member of the firm and is considerate of their needs. Professional staff members in this position will have 3-4 years of ASPE experience focusing on audit and assurance services in the private enterprise. They are looking for individuals who bring exquisite leadership style that will provide necessary training and development to junior team members, delegating duties, and leading audit and field work. The firm offers a progressive environment that is transparent, fun, and exciting. Professional members in this position will have a thorough understanding of ASPE guidelines to be able to carry out and manage field work in the more complex areas of the audit.
If you are an individual who is looking to take the next step in your career, this is the opportunity for you. Our client has a great leadership and mentor program accessible to each staff looking for direction and guidance in accelerating their career in public practice. This is a chance to establish yourself as a valued member and hone leadership skills that will serve to advance your career. Our client is an experienced firm that caters to their staffs' needs, promotes work-life balance, and offers great working environment. The partners lead by example and offer a culture full of learning and growth.
A Taste of what our client offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package
- Work-life balance
- CPA tuition assistance
- Fantastic career growth opportunity
- Progressive work environment
- Diversity and inclusion
As a Senior you will be an integral part of our team. You will have the opportunity to continue to develop your career, while working with a collaborative and supportive team.
- Effectively manage audit, review engagements, and deliver complete product to the Managers and Partners on a timely basis
- Ability to manage a team of 3-5 staff depending on the size of the engagements
- Identify and resolve complex and routine accounting, audit and tax issues
- Completion of all planning documents, and the scheduling and leadership of the planning meeting
- Market the firm to support overall firm growth and business development
- Set and work within approved budgets and deadlines
- Directly work with potential and existing clients and be primary point of contact
- Understand the clients' industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments
- Handling multiple engagements effectively and provide recommendations on changes when needed
- Guide, mentor and train new and existing team members towards their technical and career development objectives
- Proficiency in MS OFfice (Excel,Outlook)
- CPA, CA designated
- 3-5 years of public accounting experience in small or mid-size firm