Senior Accountant Roles - West Vancouver, BC
Our client is a new business division under an umbrella of group of companies, best known for its highly successful manufacturing and distribution business. Their leading company is a 40 years well-established industry leader who has seen much success with their proven business model. Under the new division, our client focuses on providing world-class marketing/digital media services and third-party financing.
Our client in West Vancouver; a stone throws away from the Park Royal Shopping mall and major bus transit routes to Downtown Vancouver / the Northshore. Their state of the art office boasts a spectacular view of Stanley Park, the Lions Gate Bridge and Downtown Vancouver.
They are the appointed marketing/digital media services and third-party financing provider for a Manufacturing company. Its mandate is to drive business to the retail stores and independent dealer locations and to support its multi-channel distribution operations (most notably with Costco in Canada and Mattress Firm/Sleep Train/Sleepy’s in the USA). In addition, they provide integral support to the manufacturing company’s brand enhancement as the appointed online retailer of branded products. They have has seen tremendous and profitable growth and is now looking to expand its business both within and beyond the health & wellness industry.
The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller and will be a key member of the finance function. The position is primarily focused on month end reporting and analysis of business unit performance. A key element of the role is to critically assesses processes within the finance function and lead process improvement projects to gain efficiencies in the reporting cycle. Projects and duties will vary and range from day to day and include but are not limited to those listed below. This position will work with extended teams within organization to support specific project initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- CPA designation (CA, CMA or CGA)
- 3-5 years’ experience of full cycle accounting in a high-volume environment
- Microsoft Office (intermediate to advanced Excel)
- Analytical with strong attention to detail
- Ability to mentor and support others in the Finance Team
- Fast-learner, capable to work in fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Why Our Client
- Competitive Salary
- Powerful mentors willing to spend time to help you grow
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Fantastic career growth opportunity
- Join a dynamic team who focus on automation and working smarter
- Amazing office, location and work environment