Senior Financial Analyst - Burlington, Ontario
We are currently seeking a dedicated individual to join our client, a publicly traded organization, as a permanent and full-time Senior Financial Analyst. Reporting directly to the Divisional Controller, and as part of a new and growing Divisional Finance team, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for review of complex financial data to be used in reports directed towards senior management.
The newly formed Divisional Finance team is responsible for the integrity of the financial data received from various business segments. The responsibilities consist of integration of newly acquired businesses, process improvement of new and existing businesses, and ultimately the consolidation and review of financial data to present to corporate head office in the US.
Our client provides the cleaning and hygiene products, food and retail packaging, safety products and industrial supplies that keep over 45,000 Canadian businesses running, every day. They are one of the largest, most successful global companies in Canada with a long-standing track record of retaining, developing, and investing in our people.
Come showcase what you can do in a fast-moving, evolving company that provides competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP Match, Share Save (Stock) opportunities, performance incentives and career development opportunities. You’ll find the support, leadership, and workplace culture you need to achieve your full potential. When you are successful, they are successful! They don’t just say their people are their greatest asset, they really mean it. Let’s talk about your future.
Why Our Client:
Guiding the financial reporting requirements of the client’s Industrial Packaging, Cleaning & Hygiene, and Safety Equipment segments, this role will act as vital liaison between all, and will assist extensively with ad-hoc financial and operational analysis/duties. It is the perfect opportunity to be a part of building something new from the ground up. Working in a hybrid work from home/office work environment, you will be responsible for:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Main contact point for questions in relation to IFRS/ASPE and proper accounting recording/presenting of data
- Participate in various month-end and year-end activities, including the review of intercompany journal entries, account reconciliations, and preparation and analysis of schedules, statements and reports for Senior Management
- Review and consolidation of financial information received from the various business segments
- Prepare and analyze various monthly financial reports including financial statements
- Preparation of various daily/weekly/monthly reports
- Assist in the identification and resolution of control deficiencies across all segments
- Track key performance metrics such as segment sales growth, margin contribution, inventory turns, etc. and analysis of results to identify opportunities for improvement across all segments
- Develop financial processes and identify opportunities to improve existing process as well as operational/financial controls
- Assist in the integration of current and future acquisition’s financial processes and data
- Assist in the preparation of preliminary financials used for decision making, and analysis of acquisitional performance
- Review of complex financial information provided by the finance teams of different segments for accuracy and adherence to guidelines
- Various ad-hoc duties as required
Skills and Qualifications: