Senior Staff Accountant Roles - Mississauga, Ontario
Our client, a prestigious CPA firm is quickly expanding and looking to add a Senior Accountant to their team of professionals focusing on the assurance and audit work. They are currently re-branding for all the right reasons and in the midst of growing the practice. It’s a 2-partner firm with 24 staff between 2 locations in Mississauga. As they continue to grow, the opportunity for growth in the firm is endless. The firm specializes in providing audit, assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services to private enterprises,public companies, high net worth individuals, and non-profit organizations. The clientele portfolio is very diverse and service many businesses in different industries ranging in small, mid-size,and large.
Professional staff members in this position have 2-3 years of experience in a public accounting setting. This position is responsible for audit, various engagements,tax(personal and corporate)and may at times be involved in two or more assignments simultaneously. Professional staff members must have a thorough understanding of ASPE guidelines to be able to carry outfield work in the more complex areas of the audit. The culture is described as a progressive environment that is transparent,fun, and exciting. They offer various benefits plans, a flexible work environment and open management team. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the best leaders in the field as it will present great exposure to challenging work, great learning experience, and a chance to really develop as an accounting professional.
Our client is a pre-approved training office and prefer candidates pursuing their CPA. They specialize in a diverse area of public accounting work and dedicate their time in helping each member of the firm with their CPA. They are looking for someone who will be part of their long-term success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead audits and assurance and work in a team to execute in accordance with established standards
- Prepare financial statements including all the required notes and year end letters (i.e. enclosure letter, legal information letter and engagement letter)
- Prepare time budget for review and audit engagements for subsequent approval by the Manager and/or the Partner
- Conduct research as required to identify benchmarks and/or industry best practices for assessing risks across the business
- Experience preparing tax (TIs and T2s) and may at times be involved with tax planning
- Ensure that all planned procedures have been completed in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Train and supervise junior staff on audit engagements
- Establish excellent working relationships with clients
- Promptly review any significant assurance engagement findings or questions involving accounting principles or statement presentation with the Manager or Partner and make suggestions as to their resolution
- Proficiency in Excel
- CPA, CA designated or close to completion