Senior Staff Accountant – Mississauga, Ontario
Our client, a prestigious mid size CA firm, is quickly expanding and looking to add a Senior Staff Accountant to their team in the Enterprise Group, focusing on the assurance and audit work. While, they're already a mid size firm, they continue to grow and have emerged as one of the best firms to be employed with. The opportunity for growth in the firm is endless. The firm specializes in providing audit, assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services to private enterprises, public companies, high net worth individuals, and non-profit organizations.
Professional staff members in this position have at least 3-4 years of experience in a public accounting setting. This position is responsible for audit, various engagements, and may at times be involved in two or more assignments simultaneously. Professional staff members must have a thorough understanding of ASPE guidelines to be able to carry out and supervise field work in the more complex areas of the audit. The culture is described as a progressive environment that is transparent, fun, and exciting. They offer various benefits plans, a flexible work environment and open management team. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the best leaders in the field as it will present great exposure to challenging work, great learning experience, and a chance to really develop as an accounting professional.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, plan and work with a team of audit to execute and ensure audits are completed in accordance with established standards
- Prepare time budget for review and audit engagements for subsequent approval by the Manager and/or the Partner
- Supervise the completion of the overall audit process and identifying risks and controls, scoping, development and application of appropriate audit programs, on-going client communications, reporting, and post-audit procedures
- Experience with tax engagements (TIs and T2s)
- Prepare financial statements including all the required notes and year end letters (i.e. enclosure letter, legal information letter and engagement letter)
- Conduct research as required to identify benchmarks and/or industry best practices for assessing risks across the business
- Offer sound financial solutions to clients
- Ensure that all planned procedures have been completed in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures, and ASPE.
- Train and supervise junior staff on audit engagements
- Promptly review any significant assurance engagement findings or questions involving accounting principles or statement presentation with the Manager or Partner and make suggestions as to their resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dedication and strong work ethic
- Proven leadership
- Positive team player
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of ASPE/IFRS guidelines
- Requires little supervision on routine tasks
- Able to prioritize multiple assignments simultaneously
- Excellent client service skills, with the desire and ability to understand the clients' businesses
- Comfortable making contact with clients; conscious of client relations and expectations
- CPA, CA designated or close to completion