Senior Tax and Advisory – Campbell River, BC
Our client, a prestigious multi-partner CA firm in Campbell River, BC is quickly expanding and looking to add a Senior Accountant to their team of professionals. They are looking for experienced Senior candidates who can are looking to transition into a Manager position in the near future. The firm specializes in audit, assurance, tax, advisory, and accounting services to private enterprises, public companies, high net worth individuals, and non-profit organizations. They have been established for over 30 years and have continued to provide trusted advice and quality accounting services.
Professional staff members in this position have at least 3-5 years of experience in a public accounting setting. This position is responsible for Tax and Advisory engagements and may at times be involved in two or more assignments simultaneously. The role will comprise of 70% tax and advisory and 30% assurance which will include a range of tax and succession planning areas including estate & trust compliance, personal and corporate tax planning, purchase and sale of private businesses, estate planning, and cross border investment and compliance. Professional staff members must have a thorough understanding of ASPE guidelines, and Canadian and U.S tax rules to be able to carry out and supervise field work in the more complex areas.
The culture is described as a progressive environment that is transparent, fun, and exciting. They are prepared to offer above market salary to the right candidate, excellent benefit plans, a flexible work environment and open management team. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the best leaders in the field as it will present great exposure to challenging work, great learning experience, and a chance to really develop as an accounting professional.
Why our client?
- Above market salary to the right candidate for the senior position: $90K - $100K
- Salary will increase accordingly once transitioned into a Manager role
- Excellent benefits package
- Powerful mentors willing to spend time to help you grow
- Fantastic career growth opportunity
- Amazing office, location, and work environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategies for clients to capitalize on business opportunities
- Identify and document tax filing positions including risk analysis
- Preparation and review of personal, corporate and trust income tax returns along with other tax information forms
- Dealing with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals
- Research tax issues and prepare memorandum or client letters, including writing report/letter at the appropriate level for the intended audience
- Hands on experience with tax-reorgs and tax restructures
- Conduct research as required to identify benchmarks and/or industry best practices for assessing risks across the business
- Extensive understanding of relevant tax legislation, corporate, personal and trust tax compliance and planning
- Supervise, plan and work with the team to execute assurance engagements and ensure completion in accordance with established standards and make suggestions as to their resolution
- Proficiency in MS OFfice (Excel,Outlook)
- CPA, CA designated or close to completion
- Enrollment or completion of In-depth Tax is an asset